Medical Doctor - Family Practice - Grand Junction
Job Title: Medical Doctor – Family Practice, Grand Junction
Salary:175,000.00 - $220,000.00
Summary: This position is responsible for providing health care to patients within the clinic.
- Perform examinations, obtain complete medical histories, and assess health status.
- Document patient information and care in EHR.
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Prescribe medications and treat illnesses.
- Instruct patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educate patients regarding medical conditions, treatments, medications, and preventative measures as necessary.
- Coordinate appropriate specialty referrals.
- Consult with or refers more complicated medical cases to other physicians as needed.
- Educate patients about disease prevention, protection, and reproductive health.
- Performing a wide range of tests.
- Current State License
- Knowledge of medical model
- Knowledge of patient assessment techniques including taking medical histories, performing physicals, evaluating health status including state of wellness, and compliance with care recommendations.
- Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of diagnosing and treating medical problems and developing care plans.
- Knowledge of medical records and documentation in confidential manner.
- Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
- Skill in developing/revising patient care based on patient status.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within scope of practice.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on complicated cases.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
Education: Doctorate of Medicine, Valid license to practice and board certified in state.
Experience: 4 years of Family Practice residency, 2+ years practicing in a hospital or private practice.
Mental and Physical Requirements: Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, and lifting. This position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment. May require working under stressful conditions.
Conditions: Normal office and exam room environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, insurance companies, labs, hospitals, and other members of the public on a regular basis. The position may cause exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical environment.